1. Right until now, I think this is one of the best books I have ever read. "Who moved my cheese?" by Spenser Johnson. It is a inspirational book. The book is interesting and meaningful, but costly.
The story shows what happens to the characters one day when the Cheese has been moved to another part of the Maze. Some are prepared for it and do well. Others are surprised by it and have a difficult time. As you watch what they do, you may see a part of yourself.
3. Keep reading on this post. And, watch the movie embed. Enjoy it!
4. This is some inputs from the story:
They Keep Moving The Cheese
Get Ready For The Cheese To Move
Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old
Adapt To Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese
Move With The Cheese
Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!
Be Ready To Change Quickly And Enjoy It Again & Again
They Keep Moving The Cheese.
5. Enjoy the story!, and as you go through the story, identify which one is you - sniff, scurry, hem, haw :
6. I don't know the effect of just watching the movie, but the story in the book gives great impact on the readers.
7. Have you identified yourself? :
Sniff – sniffs out change early
Scurry – scurries into action
Hem – denies and resists change as he fears it will lead to something worse
Haw – learns to adapt in time when he sees changing leads to something better
7. Real-life situation:
a. Change happen:
Sometimes, our cheese will be moved, things will not be the same everyday. You will find life is hard and you become stuck. You don't know what to do, but you do the same thing.
b. Anticipate change
You have to prepare for the change. The easiest way is to accept whatever happen to us with open-heart. You will notice that you will face many hard phases in life.
c. Adapt to change quickly
Whenever your cheese have been moved, try to act on it quickly. Think first then act accordingly. The problem is many of us fail to plan, and fail to act. Though, many of us plan but don't walk the talk. This is the same as staying without the cheese! We don't know what to do, then do the same thing everyday.
Change! Not just stay there with the problem. Act!
e. Enjoy change
After you change, enjoy it. Sometimes, when you face hardness, you'll only have choices that still seem bad to you. If you don't make a decision, you on the first level, not making any change, staying without the cheese. But, when we make the decision on the choices, even it is bitter or sour, enjoy it, inject happiness into it. Love whatever you do!!